The Community Journal for Liskeard
Lyskerrys is a quarterly magazine dedicated to celebrating all the positive initiatives and uplifting stories from in and around Liskeard.
It is published by LAMB (Liskeard Arts and Media Body), supported by Liskeard Town Council, RIO, Liskerrett Community Centre and Positive People. It is edited by Jackie Butler, art directed by 51 Studio and printed by Deltor, Saltash.
The magazine is delivered direct to 4,500 homes in the Liskeard area and copies are also available to pick up at the Tourist Information Centre, Town Council office and many shops and cafes around town. You can read PDF versions of the magazine below.
Lyskerrys magazine development role
Could you help us get our successful community magazine onto a sustainable financial footing?
We’re looking for someone with a proven record of income generation who shares our values around community development and can help us:
- Set up an advertising model which would enable us to pay for a significant amount of our costs via carefully chosen advertising, especially sponsored content.
- Develop further ‘content partnership’ relationships with like-minded organisations who pay towards the cost of an edition and are involved in decisions on the overall theme and content.
- Secure grants for projects related to the magazine.
We can provide:
- £2,000 a quarter, which we would expect to equate to around 80 hours of work.
- The chance to work with a small team of motivated people who have brought the magazine this far.
- A wealth of contacts with local organisations and businesses.
We would expect to agree with you:
- A set of objectives, including financial targets for each quarter.
- A pattern of working time.
The initial contract will be for six months. This could be extended by up to a further six months depending on results. There is also the possibility of a longer-term role within a sustainable financial model.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 22 February explaining how you could help us, and providing information on your relevant experience with at least one reference. If you are shortlisted we’ll set up a face-to-face meeting and this is likely to be on 1 March.
Lyskerrys is a quarterly magazine dedicated to celebrating positive initiatives and stories from in and around Liskeard. We are currently working on issue 5.
It combines a strong base in the local community with professional editing and design and we’ve had very positive feedback on the first four editions, which we know people read and keep.
It is distributed door to door to 4,500 households in Liskeard with another 1,500 available from pickup points which reach a much wider area.
It is run by the Liskeard Arts and Media Body (LAMB) CIC which includes representatives of Liskeard Town Council, Liskerrett Community Centre and RIO. Funding so far has included support from local organisations, content partnerships, grants and a small amount of advertising.